100 Days of Horror welcomes you to ... SATANFEST 2013

Thursday, January 27, 2011

All Apologies ...

Hello, Gentle Readers ...

I know in your hearts and minds, you feel abandoned by us, the noble staff of the "100 Days ..." movie blog. And by noble staff, I mean yours truly and no one else. Yes, it must seem like we disappeared, like your mom on a three-day meth-and-whiskey binge. Only to turn up weeks later, looking tired and disheveled and smelling like piss and ether, babbling half-hearted apologies between crying fits and promises that things will be better tomorrow or the next day - you just gotta let me crash man! Please!

It isn't really like that, y'all - I swear. The truth is ... well, the painful truth is that I am going through some real deep, life-changing, personal-ass shit.

I won't get too much into it here, but it's one of those things where it's all or nothing. It's change or be damned. And going through it is honestly robbing me of my capacity to do anything that isn't focused on rectifying my problems. And it also seems ridiculous for me to indulge in things that I enjoy, because as I wallow in my own self-misery I feel I should abstain from the things that bring me pleasure.

I spoke with my wife today and explained that to her, and she told me what I secretly knew - that I was being ridiculous, that of course I should do the blog, and that she loved the sci-fi theme far more than the horror theme.

So with a promise that we would watch and discuss the movies together, we shall once again embark on this noble mission ... to seek out new life and new distractions ... to boldly go where no other douchebag movie blog has gone before!

And other stuff n' junk.

So give us a day or two and we will return with ooey blooey to keep you glued to the interwebs. And a free pizza who whomever can tell me movie the above reference is from!

Thanks again for reading! We shall return momentarily!

1 comment: