100 Days of Horror welcomes you to ... SATANFEST 2013

Friday, January 20, 2012

Rising from the ashes, like the Phoenix of legend ,,,


Jesus Christ, look at the dust! It's been so long since anyone's been here, it's so neglected and filled with shadows and death. Like Joan Rivers' vagina.

Yes, it's been just over a year since we last posted on the Unstoppable Movie Monster blog, where we set out at first to watch 100 horror movies in 100 days, ending on Halloween with a massive horror movie orgy of the damned.

And then ... well, my marriage fell to pieces, like the House of Usher: its walls split open and the foundation crumbled and the very earth cracked open to eat us alive. And here it is, a and many therapy sessions later, and the marriage is over. Well it's all over but the scream--er, well the screaming is over actually. I am moving on, she is moving on, and we will continue to be close friends and parenting partners. It's the right thing to do.

And I also feel it's the right thing to do to start this fucker back up again. I mean, I went through all the trouble of compiling a list of 100 sci-fi movies last winter and watched like five of them before I bottomed out and decided I needed to focus on other things - you know, like my marriage.

Well now, I need something else to focus on.

So whatcha all think? Should we pick back up on Feb. 1, my official moving day? Start on the sci-fi list where I left off? Or should we do horror again? Something else? Tell me what you think, and I will abide by the overwhelming opinion.

Thanks again for reading, as usual. I look forward to your feedback!

1 comment:

  1. I think starting over fresh is the right idea. I'd like to see some reviews on old school classic sci-fi.

    ReplyDelete